- To be able to participate in EPICBLUE ENDURANCE SWIMPADDLERUN you have to race in a TEAM consisting of two persons that are at least 18 years old and be able to swim.
TEAM >> Men, women or mixed
Age Groups :
- 18 – 30
- 31 – 49
- 50 and over
ENDURANCE – Team
- $335 "Early Bird" fee for registration on or before 28 February 2021
- $390 for registration from 1 March 2021 to 30 April 2021
- $425 for registration from 1 May 2021
- Registration closes: 2 June 2021
Your race entry is non-refundable and non-transferable (however you can change one of the athletes should it be required by sending email to email@example.com
Each team member need to have a valid insurance for SWIMRUN or Triathlon.
Participants will need to be experienced in those types of races.
Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance within the event cut off time required. On off roads courses the responsibility falls to you to be prepared for the event you are undertaking.
- The athletes must know the rules and follow these.
- The athletes shall respect other athletes, organisation, spectators, tourists, the environment and the people living in the race area.
- The athletes are not allowed to use unfair methods to get advantages.
- Doping is forbidden.
During the race
- The athletes are participating at their own risk and cannot hold the organisation responsible for any accident during the race.
- The teams / individuals athletes are obliged at their best ability to help another participant who has been injured or is sick.
- A team / individual who has abandoned the race shall report it as soon as possible to the organisation.
- If, for any reason an athlete needs to abandon the race, the other team member must also stop.
- Garbage can only be left at the ECO areas. Littering will lead to automatic disqualification at first offence.
- For safety reasons we will allow NO tow-line on the first running sections of any race.
Race jury has 3 persons from the race organisation.
The race jury:
- Enforces the rules;
- Decides the outcome of a protest;
- Decides about disqualification;
- Decide about course changes and changes in the rules.
- At least two members of the jury are needed to be able to take a race jury decision.
- The race jury has the right to use “common sense” to take a decision about a situation, if it is not clear in the rules.
- The decision of the race jury is definitive.
A protest must be given in writing to the race organisation within an hour after finishing the race.
A protest must include:
- Time and location;
- Team number and signatures of the team members;
- Team number or team name of the team the protest is against;
- The reason for the protest;
- If possible, include witness with name or team number.
- A protest that does not fill the criteria of the above points will be ignored.
- A decision from the race jury will be communicated to those involved as soon as possible.
Offence against the rules may lead to time penalty or in worst case to a disqualification. Causes of Disqualification:
- Missing one of the mandatory equipment;
- No lycra bib vest;
- 200m outside off the zone;
- No assistance to a team member or an organiser in danger;
- Pollution of any site;
- Declining medical exam;
- It is not allowed to receive assistance from other people than the race organisation.
- Each team has to make their own way from start to finish
- Your photo ID
- A medical certificate showing the practice of Endurance in SWIMRUN or triathlon dated less than 3 months (to be provided at the latest on 1st May).
- All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication upon entry.
- Each team member, or solo participant needs to have a valid insurance for the practice of SWIMRUN or sports similar to SWIMRUN.
- All registrations are definitive and will not be reimbursed. Withdraw before the event for any impediment or medical issue, should be addressed to personal insurance of the participant.
- It is allowed to change one team member of the same gender.
General info about Equipment
- All teams must bring all their equipment from start to finish.
- Teams picking-up or dropping-off equipment will be disqualified, unless designated pick-up and drop-off zones exists.
- Before the race there will be spot checks of the mandatory kit check (spot checks).
Principal equipment per Team
- Trainers, trail shoes - mandatory
- Swim goggles - mandatory
- Swim cap (the one provided by the organization) - mandatory
- Hand paddles - voluntary
- Pull-buoy and/or Neoprene calf sleeves - voluntary
- Tow-line (for TEAM Category) – voluntary
- Energy snacks to sustain the athletes for the race – 1500 kcal per team.
Technical pack (provided by the organiser)
- Timing chip (lost or not returned timing chip will be charged 50 Euro)
- Restube – (water safety device) (lost or not returned RESTUBE will be charged 70 Euro)
- Lycras bib vest. One per person. Visibly worn during the entire race subject to disqualification (provided by the organiser).
- Swim cap, one per person, must be worn in all swimming areas (provided by the organiser).
- Bib vest (in lycra) - (provided by the organization) – mandatory
- Swim fins are NOT allowed if the fin is longer than 15 cm. (Measurement is from the toe to the end of the fin).
- The race course is marked.
- The athletes must follow the race course shown in the map.
- Athletes who do not follow the course will be disqualified.
- Athletes shall not overtake other teams and shall walk past tourists within marked-up “danger zones”.
Checkpoints / Energy Stations
- There will be several water / food checkpoints throughout the course
- There may be additional un-announced checkpoints along course, not shown on map.
- Teams failing to pass a checkpoint will be disqualified.
- There will be several medical points where participants can get help if needed.
- There will be medical staff and equipment on boats and on land.
- The time is from the start until the finish line.
- The TEAM has to pass all timing checkpoints and the finish line together.
- Throughout the course there will be cut-off points that teams need to pass by a certain time to be able to continue racing.
- Teams must pass cut-off point(s) with a certain time frame presented during the compulsory Race Brief at the latest. Teams or solos who do not make it to specified cut-off point(s) in time will be taken off the race and disqualified.
- Information about the cut off times will be given the day before the start.
LONG ENDURANCE - TEAM >> First 3 TEAMS in each category - Men, Women and Mixed.
- 1ST: 1000€ PER TEAM
- 2ND: 600€ PER TEAM
- 3RD: 400€ PER TEAM
General Safety Rules
- The two members of each team have to stay together at all times and cannot be more than 20 meters apart on land or 10 metres during swimming.
- Athletes shall never move further away than 10m from the trail.
- The race organisation & the medical team can refuse a team to continue if they:
- are not equipped with above specified compulsory equipment;
- are not capable to continue the race, due to fatigue or being in poor physical condition.
- Athletes must enter water feet first. Diving into water head first is not allowed.
Health and Safety
- A medical assistance team will ensure the participants’ security.
- Medical personnel authorised by the event may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorised medical personnel, it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
- Participants must retire at oncefrom race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff.
- We will NOT accept ANY trash along the course.
- Bins will be provided throughout the route.
- Ensure you know how and prepare for carrying any trash between the provided stations.
Raja Ampat lies on the equator and so enjoys a year-round day length of about twelve hours (sunset at 6:30pm) and great weather. June is known as Raja Ampat’s wettest month, but doesn’t see rain all day, every day – rainfall is often short lived and localised.
Air temperatures are also reliably constant with a daytime average maximum of 31oC (89oF) and a nightly minimum of 25oC (78oF) – although it can often feel hotter than that due to the region’s average relative humidity of 83%! The ocean is warm year-round too, having an average surface temperature of 29oC (84oF).
In case of extreme weather such as high winds or big sea or in case of another unexpected situation, the race organisation has the right to shorten, or change the course or in worst case cancel the race.
- Athletes are permitted to have sponsors marked on their race gear.
Race Swim Caps
- Race swim caps cannot be modified in any way and must be worn and visible at all times when in the water.
- Race bibs cannot be modified in any way and must be worn at all times.
Pictures and Images Rights
- Athletes give the race organisers the right to use pictures and film material taken during the race. These can be used free of rights in marketing, press material, internet, television and movies. Athletes also accept our video or film crew to use drones as part of filming on the course.
- All images and rights from the event are reserved. All unauthorised commercial use of images will be legally addressed.
- EPICBLUE will have a dedicated and extensive media production team working during the event. It is also expected that photographers and press will be seen along the course.
- We will share content online via our website and on social media using #EPICBLUE
- Our images are free for personal use, but not commercial use or for promoting other events. Please contact us if you would like to access material for media: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EPICBLUE strongly believe that each destination we get to experience has so much to offer, that we strongly suggest you take the time to enjoy it.
- Bring your friends and family members to enjoy the week with you.
- Our hosting partner, Meridian Adventure Dive Resort, offers various activities and experiences for all ages.
- If your friends and family would like to follow the race by boat, please contact Matteo Testa at email@example.com
Thanks to our hosting partner, Meridian Adventure Dive Resort, you will be able to choose from various accommodation options.
Choose between staying at the luxury boutique hotel or in one of the many Homestay options available.
- Littering anywhere along the course is considered a disqualifiable offence and will not be tolerated.
- Athletes must carry their litter with them or throw it in the bins provided.
- Bins will be provided throughout the race course.